1Password Mini showing up in iCloud Drive after Sierra, but I use Dropbox for 1Password sync

unload
unload
Community Member

1Password Mini showing up in iCloud Drive after Sierra upgrade, but I use Dropbox for 1Password sync

I'm concerned about this. Was contemplating just unchecking it in the iCloud Drive options, but haven't as I don't like making changes when I'm unsure of the behavior that will result. Please let me know how I should proceed.

1Password 6
Version 6.5.1 (651005)
AgileBits Store
Safari: 4.6.1
Chrome: 4.6.2.90
macOS 10.12.1
Dropbox Sync

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Safari 4.6.1 Chrome 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Mini showing up in iCloud Drive after Sierra, but I use Dropbox for 1Password sync

Comments

• @unload,

Did you happen to turn on sync of Documents & Data in your iCloud settings? It is a feature of 10.12 that pushes a lot more of your home directory into iCloud and could explain why mini is showing up there. None of 1Password uses iCloud Drive currently, which is separate from iCloud sync with uses something called iCloudKit (completely different from iCloud Drive).

Rudy

• unload
    unload
    Community Member

I turned on iCloud Drive.

From what you've written, it sounds like I don't need to worry about it.

I'm assuming it's alright then if I just uncheck 1Password Mini from the iCloud Drive settings?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @unload,

Thank you very much for the screenshots, they're really helpful and I see exactly what you mean!

The short answer is that if you don't sync your 1Password data via iCloud, you can uncheck 1Password mini from the iCloud Drive options. Like you said, you don't need to worry about it. ;)

In case you're curious about the longer answer: 1Password mini is basically the brains behind 1Password, and the reason it shows up in the iCloud Drive options is because 1Password has an option to sync with iCloud. So, it's just indicating that 1Password has the ability to use your iCloud storage in case you ever decide to use that option. But don't worry - if you've never enabled iCloud in 1Password, it's not using any storage space in your iCloud account. Therefore there's no need to uncheck 1Password mini from the iCloud Drive options, but you can if you want to.

I hope that helps to clear things up, but if you have more questions about 1Password, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.