If I lose my Mac and iPhone what do I need to get access to my 1Password account

ktaves
ktaves
Community Member

I am using 1Password 5.3 on a Mac and on my iPhone. I am syncing via iCloud. If I lose my Mac, iPhone, and Time Machine backup disk what do I need in order to get access to my passwords? Maybe Agilebits license information? Maybe access to the email account associated with my Agilebits license info? That one I've entrusted to 1Password but suspect that I need to know that it. Please advise. (I'm traveling overseas in a few days and have to take all these devices but will be in a country with a high risk of theft. I do not want to change to the cloud version of 1Password at this point.) Thanks much. I love 1Password and can't imagine life without it.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ktaves

First of all, thank you very much for you kind words of love to 1Password :love: I'm curious why you are using 1Password 5.3 when you're on El Capitan. The upgrade from 1Password 5 to 6 was free so you can just upgrade to the latest version and everything will work better for you! But I'm going on a tangent here, so lets get back to your question :chuffed:

If you're syncing via iCloud then that will be your way to recover your data, as you'll be storing it locally on your devices and only iCloud as any kind of cloud. This means you need to make sure you know your Apple ID and password even without the help of 1Password. You would then need to install 1Password on some apple device using your Apple ID. You can either use iOS and download the basic version for free or get it on Mac. You can install it for free for 30 days, so you don't need to worry about licenses in case of an emergency or borrowed computer.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.