Get rid of Box : "update the 1password extension" ????

pillman
pillman
Community Member

After installing 6.5.1 on my MacBook pro 13" retina display. Cannot get rid of this box...Already have the extension installed.....

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ask question

Comments

• rodwslc
    rodwslc
    Community Member

Have I been hacked? Or is this a problem with 1Password extension update with Safari? Here is a screen print of the message I keep getting on my iMac:

Is the url "1pw.ca/browser" a real Agile bits site or a scam?
    How do I get ride of this?

• rodwslc
    rodwslc
    Community Member

This message keeps popping up every few seconds. Help,
    how do I get ride of it?

• hcpass
    hcpass
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue.
    Can't install the extension update in firefox
    Error msg = the add-on could not be downloaded becaseu of a connection failure)
    Can't close the pop up window (update the 1password extension)

• hcpass
    hcpass
    Community Member

Have resolved the issue. My ad blocker software was causing the problem. I turned it off.
    Then found a FAQ that advised to uninstall Firefox extension for 1password. Reinstall it. Then restart the Mac.
    A new authorise number appeared.
    And the floating popup window has disappeared.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hcpass , @pillman and @rodwslc

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Safari extension. I have a feeling that you guys might be having a problem similar to hcpass, are you running some kind of security software or VPN service? We've seen some people had some trouble with Cloak and other similar things. I hope to hear back from you @pillman and @rodwslc to get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

@hcpass thank you for letting us know what did the trick for you, I hope that 1Password behaves from now on for you but if it doesn't we're here to help you :chuffed:

• rodwslc
    rodwslc
    Community Member

I removed the 1Password extension from Safari and the message went away. I then tried installing the extension again and now it works fine. Not sure what happened before that caused the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that reinstalling id the trick. Sometimes the browser gets a bit stuck trying to install or update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.