all attachments has disappeared from my 2 vaults on my iPhone

Options
vangen
vangen
Community Member

I have two vaults on my 1password for mac 6.5. Since about a week ago i missed an attachments on my Iphone. 7 plus ( IOS 10.1.1) I searched >0 attachments on my mac and found that they all had disappeared on my iPhone 7. I sync them to the same site on dropbox . This worries me very much. For 2 years my attachments were also gone and had to be restored

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:attachments disappear

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vangen,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your attachments. Just to clarify: all of these attachments still appear on the Mac, but are missing from the iPhone?

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. To make sure you received the best support experience possible please remember to post your support ID here!

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

all of these attachments still appear on the Mac, but are missing from the iPhone? ANSWER: YES

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you please send the reports as requested if you have not already and then post the support ID(s) back here?

Thanks.

Ben
    ref: NFV-14316-376

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

Problem Solved. I restored a security backup on my new iPhone . At first my 1 Password seemed to work as normal . When i needed an attachment i saw that they had gone. The reason was that the this is a Pro-feature and disappeared until i confirmed that i already bought that feature. In afterthought i think that this is a problem because the standard 1Password and the Pro- version is very look alike and i got no hint that i had lost functionality. But now I know!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @vangen!

As a side note we do not recommend relying on Apple's backup system for backing up your 1Password data. Please see this guide:

1Password backups

Ben

• vangen
    vangen
    Community Member
    Options

OK- i refered to installing an iTunes backup from an old Iphone to a new Iphone ( which was the issue that caused me problems). For Password i use Dropbox

• Ben
    Options

I see. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.