How to setup touch bar / fingerprint access?

nycvb
nycvb
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I have 1Password 6.5.1 installed on my new Macbook Pro with touchbar. I go to settings and there is nothing that allows me to activate the fingerprint access. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @nycvb,

You have to first setup touch id in System Preferences before you can access the preferences in 1Password. Once you've done that the Touch ID setting should be revealed in 1Password's Security Preferences.

Rudy

• nycvb
    nycvb
    Community Member

It is setup - see attached screenshot.
    The only thing I am wondering is I did a migration of my entire hard drive from my old Macbook Pro Retina and maybe 1Password doesn't realize it is the new touchbar macbook?

• @nycvb

And what does it look like in 1Password's preference window on the security tab?

Rudy

• nycvb
    nycvb
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
  • nycvb
    nycvb
    Community Member

I figured out the issue - there was an error with my fingerprint on touch id. I deleted my existing fingerprint and it worked.

• @nycvb,

Great to hear that you figured it out. Less great that that's a possible cause though, did the OS tell you there was something wrong with it or did you just happen to delete and recreate it and the end result was that it worked?

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.