Did a clean install of Sierra now there is no account info

david L
david L
Community Member

I had to do a clean install of Sierra and then I downloaded via the App Store 1Password, it's now asking for my account info. I followed the instructions but both the iPhone and iPad have nothing under 1Password Accounts even though they seem to be operating fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• david L
    david L
    Community Member

Nothing?!

• @david L

It sounds like you've taken a wrong turn in setting up 1Password. 1Password Accounts are something completely new this year. It is a subscription based service that automatically syncs your items between all of your connected devices.

You'll want to go back to the beginning of the setup sequence and tell 1Password that you want to get your data from elsewhere and then choose dropbox or iCloud as the means to populate your fresh install of 1Password on your Mac.

Rudy

• david L
    david L
    Community Member

That makes sense! So uninstall and then install again from MAS?

• @david L

If you had setup 1Password and found that the data wasn't there you could certainly do that, or simply lock 1Password and trigger the reset 1password data item from the Help -> Troubleshooting menu and then choose whichever sync source you had previously used to then synchronize your data from the iPhone/iPad.

Rudy

• david L
    david L
    Community Member

Thank you, all setup now!

• @david L

Great to hear! let us know if you have any questions in the future!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.