Latest update kills 1password and makes it unrecoverable!!!! [Resolved]

js148
js148
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

I'm on a Mac and have 1password through the Mac App Store. It updated to the latest version this evening and when I tried to open 1password it said that there was an unrecoverable error and that I need to delete 1password and reinstall it through the Mac App Store. I deleted it, but when I go to the Mac App store, it says "open" and doesn't give me the option to install it, because it thinks it's installed.

Help!!!!

What can I do? And why did you release a buggy version that breaks it?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password crashed and cannot be reinstalled

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2016

Can't harm to empty the trash, restart your computer and try to download again.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @js148

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the new release of 1Password! As danco suggested, emptying the trash and rebooting your computer is the first step to take :chuffed: With some luck that should be enough to sort this out, but if it isn't, you can try to download 1Password from our site: https://1password.com/downloads/. It should pick your Mac AppStore "license" automatically. If you happen to bump into any trouble with please let us know and we'll help you sort it out.

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if 1Password gets back on its feet :chuffed:

• js148
    js148
    Community Member

Finally it sorted out when I emptied trash and rebooted. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for the update, @js148. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.