How can I transfer my 1password extension from Chrome to Safari when changing laptops?

HensburyFarm
HensburyFarm
Community Member

I am moving from one macbook pro to another and want to put 1Password as an extension in safari on the new one. I use as an extension in Chrome on the old laptop. Can I transfer my account or do I need to buy again from the app store. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I transfer my 1password extension from Chrome to Safari when changing laptops?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HensburyFarm,

So we can provide you with the correct information, please let us know specific versions of the 1Password app and extension you currently have on your old and new Macs. This article can help with that:

Find your version of 1Password, the extension, or your operating system

Thanks in advance, and welcome to the forum! :)

• HensburyFarm
    HensburyFarm
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

I bought years ago, have a Chrome extension and have it on my IPhone 7 - guess I never set up an account? When I go to preferences accounts there isn't one and I don't have a producet key

1Password
    Version 6.5 (650034)
    Mac App Store

Billed To:
    [information removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]
    Receipt Date: 11/16/12
    Order Total: $53.36

Item Seller Type Unit Price

1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet, v3.9.6 (4+)
    [extra details also removed]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that info, @HensburyFarm.

It looks like you've got 1Password 6.5 installed on at least one Mac, and purchased 1Password 3.9.6 for iOS on 11/16/12. I removed some of the personal and extra details from your reply.

So we can better understand where all your 1Password data is and help you get it where it belongs, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices. Here are some instructions for that:

Attach the diagnostics with an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

For each report you send you'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. Please post those ticket IDs here so we can track down your email with the reports and get this issue resolved more quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

• HensburyFarm
    HensburyFarm
    Community Member

Well I was able to download onto the new computer as an app store purchase. Now I can't get the Safari browser extension to work - I've looked at forum answers, uninstalled from the safari extensions tab, removed extensions from Safari library. Restarted Safari. Tried to download and install from within Safari and 1Password. Tried to install the Beta. I can get it to install, and see it as active in the Safari extensions tab but it will not appear in the safari "tool bar".

• HensburyFarm
    HensburyFarm
    Community Member

Never mind - for some reason it finally worked. I installed duckduckgo extension and one password appeared. Weird. Thanks for your help!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear you got that all sorted out, @HensburyFarm. :+1:

And you're welcome, although you helped yourself more than I helped you. :lol:

If anything else comes up we're here for you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.