Where is the keychain stored and how do I change the location?

anak85
anak85
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Hi!

How can I find the keychain and change its location?

I am synchronizing via a local NAS and do not want to use Dropbox or other cloud based services.

Also, my version of 1password doesn't show a Sync tab in the preferences. Is that normal for 1password 6?

Regards!
anak85

Here a screenshot:
https://postimg.org/image/g0whs4bqh/

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: none

Comments

• anak85
    anak85
    Community Member

Do I need to get a single license instead of registering via 1password.com in order to achieve what I want?

• anak85
    anak85
    Community Member

Nobody? No option for synching without using your cloud?

• @anak85,

Its certainly possible to try to use the Folder sync option to sync to your NAS, but it sounds like you've signed up for a 1Password.com account and as a result all of the sync settings are hidden from view because 1Password.com accounts are synchronized by their very design. If you want to go the other route then you would need to first click on the advanced tab in preferences and turn on local vaults. This will re-enable non-account based sync. You would also need to purchase a license.

Rudy

• anak85
    anak85
    Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. So that would be a 1Password 4 license?

I am using MAC and PC. I can only find 1PW 4 for PC, not for mac anymore. Is there still a solution for me?

• Hi @anak85,

No, at least on the Mac side, 1Password 4, 5 and 6 use the same licensing information. I don't believe this is shared with the PC side as at the time 1Password was licensed per-platform.

If you're already paying for a 1Password.com subscription you could certainly continue using that and then simply turn on the advanced setting to allow vaults outside of 1Password.com accounts to accomplish your Folder sync.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.