Not syncing

boonsaysavanh
boonsaysavanh
Community Member

Hi,
My 1password is not syncing correctly. On my Macbook Pro and iPhone all items are synced, but not my iMac. My iMac shows some of the items, but most are not there. I tried updating everything and restarting my computer too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not syncing correctly. On my Macbook Pro and iPhone all items are synced, but not my iMac

Comments

• gcgold999
    gcgold999
    Community Member

Have you checked your preferences to see where the vaults are syncing?
    I run Mac OS Sierra on my work computer and Mac OS X 10.11.5 on my home computer, and I noticed my vaults were not synced the other day. Both computers are running 1Password 6.3.5 and I use Dropbox to sync my vaults.
    Sure enough, my work computer had the vault in a different location within Dropbox (/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/vault.op...), where as my home computer had the vault just in the root Dropbox folder.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @boonsaysavanh

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing 1Password. If you tell us some more information about which syncing method you're using and the version of your different platforms and 1Password installed we'll be able to have a better idea of where to look for what's causing trouble :chuffed:

• boonsaysavanh
    boonsaysavanh
    Community Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I've been super busy and having been able to respond. However, now that I bought a new computer, the new MacBook Pro has the same data as my iMac at home and my phone is the only one that had the correct data. When I originally put one password on my new MacBook it was correct until I saw an update and updated the software, then it reverted to what I have on my iMac. Please help! It's getting really frustrating. The version of OP I have on my MacBook is 6.5.2, I don't know the version I have on my iPhone. The OS I'm running is Sierra.

• boonsaysavanh
    boonsaysavanh
    Community Member

Also I noticed on my iPhone, I have 3 vaults. A company vault, a personal and a primary. I think my primary has the most. I also noticed on my iMac and now my MacBook Pro that I don't have the primary show up.

• boonsaysavanh
    boonsaysavanh
    Community Member

Never mind, I figured it out. I allowed creations of vaults outside and then synced it. Although I would like to know why I had it to begin with on my MacBook Pro, but then when I did an update, it erased everything? Thanks for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @boonsaysavanh,

I'm glad you were able to get that all sorted out and that your vaults are syncing correctly between both Macs and your iPhone!

I would like to know why I had it to begin with on my MacBook Pro, but then when I did an update, it erased everything?

That definitely shouldn't happen - when you install an update for 1Password, the app file is updated, but it still reads the same data from the same location on your Mac. Is it possible that you have the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions of 1Password installed at the same time on your MacBook Pro? That would probably explain what happened, because each of those keeps a separate database on your Mac.

If you go to the Applications folder on your Mac, do you see two 1Password app files in there? If you see one named "1Password.app", that's the Mac App Store version. If you see one named "1Password 6.app", that's the AgileBits Store version. You don't need both, so if they now have all of the same data, you can drag one to the Trash (don't use any app cleaning tools to do that) and continue using the other.

This discussion has been closed.