I cannot get 1password to sync from my MacBook to my iPhone. Please answer without technical jargon

Leonardzzzzzzzzzzzz
Leonardzzzzzzzzzzzz
Community Member

Sync worked fine between my MacBook and my iPhone 5. Will not work with my new iPhone 7. I cannot understand most of what is written in the published commentary.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot get 1password to sync from my MacBook to my iPhone. Please answer without technical jargon

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Please give details of the versions of 1PW you are using. Also, whether you are on the new subscription model (in which case sync should be automatic) or the old licence (where you will have to set up syncing by Dropbox or iCloud).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Leonardzzzzzzzzzzzz: Indeed, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, when you say it "will not work", are you receiving some sort of error when you try to setup sync? It sounds like your 1Password data is currently on your Mac. Is that correct? Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.