Hi there, How come this Update the 1Password extension box will not disappear.

tosha
tosha
Community Member

Hi there , how come this box that says Update the 1Password extension will not disappear. And it says to go to 1pw.ca/browser in order to continue working with the 1Password in safari? this sounds suspicious. and wanted to know if this is a bug. i did not follow thru.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hi there, this little "Update the 1Password extension" box won't disappear

Comments

• tosha
    tosha
    Community Member

ALSO, 1Password will not work. Copy and paste, doesn't work. when i try to log in. I have to ask what is going on.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tosha,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this!

It's good to be suspicious about messages like that if you're not confident they're legitimate - in this case however, it sounds like an expected message from 1Password about the extension currently installed in Safari. What version of the 1Password extension do you currently have installed in Safari? You can check that by going to Safari > Preferences > Extensions, then selecting the 1Password extension listed there. The latest stable version is currently 4.6.1 / 4.6.2, so if you see an older version there, that's why you're getting the message about installing the update.

If you installed the extension from our own download site, you can click the Update button for 1Password in the Extensions window. If you installed it from the Safari Extension Gallery, it should automatically update itself as long as the "Automatically update extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery" option is enabled.

If you have any trouble with that, please let us know exactly what version of the extension is installed in Safari, as well as the version of Safari itself, and the version of the main 1Password app on your Mac. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.