1Password and Touch Bar on 13in MacBook Pro

tgaynor
tgaynor
Community Member

Does 1Password popup 1Password info on the Touch Bar so that you can log into websites in Safari or Chrome? I have it working to open 1Password using Touch ID on the laptop, but can not get the Touch Bar to show any 1Password info while in Safari.

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 5.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @tgaynor,

It does not currently have any additional integration in Safari or other browsers. The only TouchBar integration available at this time is in the main 1Password application itself.

Rudy

• LaurieH
    LaurieH
    Community Member

I am using ver 6.5.2 on my new Macbook Pro with touch bar. I cannot find any option in 1Password Security Preferences - or even the Mac System Preferences to enable Touch ID with 1Password.
    I have googled and read articles - but am no further enlightened.
    On the touch bar when using 1Password my only options are login, types of logins, a lock ...and Unlock (using alphanumeric only)
    Please help! Thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@LaurieH try rebooting your computer and then check to see if the option appears in 1Password preferences. (I'm assuming you've already enabled Touch ID generally on your new MacBook Pro.)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LaurieH: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Please restart your Mac, launch 1Password, and see if it's able to recognize Touch ID then. Let me know what you find!

• LaurieH
    LaurieH
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Sorry, should have said that was the first thing I tried. And the second. If it was an iOS app I would have deleted it and downloaded again but...
    And it's not my fingers! They work fine with 1Password on iOS.

• @LaurieH,

Very strange indeed. The only two locations that should be involved in setting up 1Password to use touch id to sign-in are the security settings in system preferences (to turn on the system's touch id and configure your fingerprints) and once you've done that then the security preferences in 1Password 6.5.1 or newer should reveal a section on the security tab of the preferences window to allow unlocking with Touch ID.

I did see one user who had to delete their configured finger in system preferences and re-add it in order to get it to work properly, so you might try that as well.

Rudy

• LaurieH
    LaurieH
    Community Member

Many thanks, Rudy. That did the trick! Once I deleted and re-added my prints I actually could see the option in 1Password Security preferences, which I couldn't before. Cheers from Australia.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Rudy, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• LaurieH
    LaurieH
    Community Member

I was able to help danboe on the other thread with the same issue, kudos to you guys.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great! Kudos to you as well! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.