1Password doesn't open from the doc, just the browser extension.

leslielytle
leslielytle
Community Member

Hi there - I can't open 1Password from the dock on my mac. It shows up as a question mark rather than the 1Password icon. It does work in the browser extension and appears to work on my phone. Can you help?

Can't figure out what version I've got because it won't open in the bar. I originally purchased 1Password 4 in May of 2014.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi there - I can't open 1Password from the dock on my mac. It shows up as a question mark rather than the 1Password icon. It does work in the browser extension and appears to work on my phone. Can you help? Can't figure out what version I've got because it won't open in the bar. I originally purchased 1Password 4 in May of 2014. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @leslielytle,

It sounds like the copy of 1Password you had installed might've been moved or deleted, which is why the OS displays it as a question mark.

I would recommend bringing up the spotlight menu (magnifying glass in the top right of the screen or holding the command key and hitting the space bar) and then typing 1Password in.

If it finds the 1Password application, hit the return key so that it will launch it. At which point you can right click on the new entry in the dock and choose keep it in the dock from the options menu.

If it doesn't find the 1Password application then you're probably going to need to download and re-install the Application from either the MacAppStore or our downloads page.

Rudy

• leslielytle
    leslielytle
    Community Member

Hi Rudy - that did the trick! Thank you for the help. I appreciate it!

Leslie

• @leslielytle,

I'm glad it worked, we're here if you have any questions in the future. :)

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.