Need help changing website passwords

This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with Logins on iPhone and iPad.

Comments

• steveisgo
    steveisgo
    Community Member

I need help with changing my pw on a site. I have successfully changed my pw on several sites but for some reason I can't seem to do it on a couple of sites. Specifcally I am able to sign in to my TruGreen account using the key in the address field and also the shortcut Command. I decided to change the pw using pw generator and am successful but, when I key save 1password doesn't come up asking if I want to update existing. I haven't been able to copy and paste it. I've gone through this 3 times hoping I missed something but no luck. I was able to create a new password of my own choosing and then key it into the TruGreen login in 1password but please advise me on what I am doing wrong with Password Generator.

• Hi @steveisgo,

Since this question didn't seem to be related to your other question I've split it off into its own topic. Have you tried following this guide for changing passwords?

Change your passwords and make them stronger

when I key save 1password doesn't come up asking if I want to update existing.

In that case please see this guide:

If you generated a password that wasn't saved, or you can't sign in

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• steveisgo
    steveisgo
    Community Member

Worked like a charm. Onwards and upward.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steveisgo

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear this worked for you, if you have any further questions or need help with anything else, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.