Please add a template setting to modify the categories and fields for new cards

the_viper
the_viper
Community Member

Similar to how Contacts in macOS has a templates tab in its preference settings where you can rearrange and set the categories for new cards, it would be great if 1Password also allowed you to do this. I change around the categories for my credit cards and I have to manually do this for each new card. It would be great if there was a template that I could keep up to date and when I go to create a new credit card the template automatically populated the new card. Thanks for your consideration.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@the_viper: I think that the concept of changing categories could be useful...but I think I may be missing some nuances of your request. Can you explain what you mean by "rearrange and set the categories for new cards".

It would be great if there was a template that I could keep up to date and when I go to create a new credit card the template automatically populated the new card.

You could create a "template" Credit Card item, and then just duplicate it to save yourself time filling out some information. Let me know what you think! :)

• the_viper
    the_viper
    Community Member

Hello Brenty, thanks for getting back to me so soon. I suggest you look at how Templates can be adjusted in the Contacts app settings for macOS. In the Contacts app settings, there is a template tab where you can adjust the template categories and order. If you take a look there, I think you'll see what I mean. It would be awesome if 1Password had that functionality, too. Yes, I could create a template item and then duplicate it. That's a decent workaround, but this is potentially useful enough that it may warrant your UI team's focus to develop as a feature.

As I mentioned in another post to your support forum, I'd also like to be able to reorder categories within password cards after they have been filled out, with the functionality to drag and rearrange categories into a new order, as necessary.

Thanks!

• the_viper
    the_viper
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Rudy. I look forward to it!

• @the_viper,

Let us know if you have any other feature requests we're always looking to improve 1Password.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.