App updated but name doesn't change to 1Password 6.

byrown
byrown
Community Member

I see the app is actually 1Password 6.5.1 but it still has the name 1Password 5 in the Applications folder. How come?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't install 1Password 6 on my Mac; stuck on iPassword 5

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@byrown: That's really odd. Are you certain you don't have more than one copy of 1Password floating around? Otherwise, it may be due to the security changes in macOS — perhaps 1Password wasn't able to rename itself.

It may be simplest to drag all copies of 1Password to the Trash, restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy from the AgileBits website. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• byrown
    byrown
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty. Dragging it to the trash won't disturb all my info because it is in a separate doc, right? And there is only one copy on my disk. I will try that.

• @byrown,

So long as you aren't using LaunchPad or an application cleanup tool to remove the app you should be fine. Those applications take extra steps to truly delete an application and all of its related files. So, as long as you're simply dragging the .app to the trash you should be fine.

Rudy

• byrown
    byrown
    Community Member

It worked and now my app says 1Password 6! Thanks.

• @byrown,

Let us know if you need anything in the future!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.