My 1Password doesn't autosubmit

Joel Waxman
Joel Waxman
Community Member

I have the latest version of 1Password Mac and my extension is not auto submitting in Chrome. How do I get it to submit? The password mini is set to always autosubmit.

1Password Version: 6.51
Extension Version: 4.6..2.90
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Joel Waxman,

I'm sorry to hear auto-submit isn't working for you!

It sounds like you already went to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and checked the ‘Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords’ option. If that's enabled but isn't working on any website where you use the 1Password extension to fill a sign-in form, please try following these steps:

1. Open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers.
    2. Disable (un-check) ​​the 'Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords' option.
    3. While holding the control key on your keyboard, go to 1Password > Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the menubar.
    4. Reopen (and unlock) 1Password, go back to Preferences > Browsers, and re-enable 'Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords' (if prompted to reinstall a script, choose the suggested folder).

After that, try filling a sign-in form with the 1Password extension again (maybe try a few sites to be sure). Does auto-submit work now?

• stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem, only with Safari. Safari version 10.0.1, El Cap 10.11.6, 1Password 6.5.2

This problem popped up only after I updated from an earlier version.

(I don't recall the version that worked -- I think it was 6.3.? ; if it helps to identify the version that worked, the 1Password.safarixtz file from the old version shows a last modified date of May 20, 2016).

So far as I can tell, the only problematic website is https://www.dayforcehcm.com/

I've tried quitting & relaunching Safari, 1Password, and 1Password mini.

I verified that "Automatically sign in after…" is checked. I also tried unchecking it and rechecking it.

I also tried changing my 1Password settings for this website from "Submit when enabled" to "Always submit."

Nothing works.

It does automatically fill in my user name and password; it just doesn't submit.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenjklein: It seems to be something specific to your setup, since others haven't reported this and I was able to use Autosubmit on that site. Thanks for including that so I could test it! please do the following:

1. Remove the 1Password extension
    2. Update your browser
    3. Update 1Password
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install the 1Password extension

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.