Feature Request: Auto-Type Again

beast
beast
Community Member

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20517/feature-request-auto-type

So two years later ... Any news? It's really terrible, such great password manager does not have such must-have-feature. Pretty much same situation. I moved to 1Password because of great synchronization between devices, but I forced to copy&paste my password every time. It's unbelievable for 21 centure.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

Hi @beast,

Thanks for taking the time to ask us about this!

I'm afraid I don't have any news for you about bringing the auto-type feature (or something similar) to the Mac version of 1Password. It's certainly something many of our customers have requested, and we haven't forgotten about it - however, as you may already know if you're using the latest version of 1Password for Mac, it still doesn't have auto-type. I know it's frustrating to see that it's been requested for such a long time without being added, and I wish I had a better answer for you. I'll gladly add your comment to our internal tracker to let our developers know you're also interested in this.

For now, to use your login info from 1Password in a non-browser app on your Mac, you'll need to copy and paste it. However, 1Password mini makes that much easier, and we have some tips which you might find helpful here: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

I know that's not what you were hoping to hear, and I'm sorry I don't have any updates about this for you. But if you have other questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-990

This discussion has been closed.