Upgraded now mac version can't find vault on iOS devices

pkclarke
pkclarke
Community Member

Long time user of 1Password on the mac and iOS. Launched 1Password on my MacBook Pro last night and I got a message stating it was corrupted and to download it again from the Mac App Store. I did and installed a new version, for which I've had to pay a monthly feee which I wasn't doing before. Anyway I've now got a family account with 2 vaults Personal and Shared under my surname. These vaults are empty.
My 1Password vault on my iOS devices is called Primary and has about 450 items. The mac version of 1Password doesn't see the Primary vault and I can't make it sync over iCloud.
It's quite frustrating and although I've looked on the forums I am unable to find a solution.
Peter Clarke

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded now mac version can't find vault on iOS devices

Comments

• @pkclarke,

It sounds like you took a wrong turn when you reinstalled from the Mac App Store and ended up in the 1Password.com account setup path instead of the "find my data elsewhere" path in the 6.5 setup screens.

Unless you want to go the subscription route you'll want to lock 1Password, click Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset 1Password Data. Then Launch 1Password and instead of the account creation you'll click find my data elsewhere in the bottom left corner of the window. It should then let you pick iCloud and restore your connection to the vault you're using on iOS.

Rudy

• pkclarke
    pkclarke
    Community Member

Thanks very much for the quick response. All sorted and I am once again a happy bunny.
    Peter Clarke

• @pkclarke,

Great to hear it, let us know if you have any questions in the future!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.