How to I stop "The connection was previously declined"

dougkramer
dougkramer
Community Member

I started to install 1Password in Chrome on my MacBook but then decided not to.

Now I get the message "The connection to 1Password was previously declined. Would you like to attempt a new connection?" when I login to my Mac. How do turn off, prevent or disable this prompt?

Do I just uncheck "Enabled" on the 1Password Chrome extension?

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:I started to install 1Password in Chrome on my MacBook but then decided not to. Now get the message The connection to 1Password was previously declined. Would you like to attempt a new connection? when log Mac. How do turn off or uninstall this prompt?.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougkramer,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help with this! The message you're seeing is related to the browser extension authentication feature in 1Password - normally, when you install the 1Password extension in a browser, there's a brief process to approve the extension and authorize it to communicate with the main 1Password app. If that authentication isn't completed, that message will appear in the browser the next time you use it.

Is there a reason why you don't want to use the 1Password extension in Chrome? The extension allows you to use 1Password to save passwords and sign in to your online accounts on the web: Use the browser extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

You find more information about other features of the 1Password extension here: Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

But if you really don't want 1Password to integrate with your web browser, you can certainly uninstall the extension from Chrome (that will also stop the message you keep seeing). On the other hand, if you want to use the extension, just enable it in Chrome (follow the steps that appear to authenticate it).

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.