Feature Request for TouchID on new Macbooks

simmenfl
simmenfl
Community Member

Hi! I have one of the new MacBooks and the Touch ID Unlock of 1Password is great.
However, like many people I use my Mac half of the day connected to a screen and in closed state.
That means I have no access to the button.
However, 1Password always asks me to put my fingerprint and I need to click on "Use Password" before I get access which is quite annoying several times per day.

Perhaps there would be a way to know if the Mac is folded together and based on that it would skip the Touch ID request.

Hope it makes sense! Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @simmenfl,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your request! I also think that would be helpful. Because we're using the Touch ID function of the operating system, I'm not 100% sure if that's something we have control over or not - but if we do, it would certainly make sense to do that. I'll certainly pass your suggestion along to our developers so they can look into it. I'm sure there are other customers who would also find that helpful!

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. Please let us know if you need anything else! :)

• simmenfl
    simmenfl
    Community Member

Thank you!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @simmenfl

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! If there's any thing else we can do for you, please let us know :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.