I keep getting a warning dialogue box stating "There is no application set to open the URL onepasswo

Blahblah
Blahblah
Community Member

I keep getting a warning dialogue box stating "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari". How do I stop this from happening. I can find no files relating to 1Password on my computer. I did have a button for 1Password on my toolbar but it did not work as I never purchases the app. This started occurring when I removed the button from my toolbar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I keep getting a warning dialogue box stating "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari". How do I stop this from happening. I can find no files relating to 1Password on my computer. I did have a button for 1Password on my toolbar but it did not work as I never purchases the app. This started occurring when I removed the button from my toolbar.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Blahblah: If you're certain that you don't have any copies of 1Password installed, it sounds like you may have some remnants of the extension in Safari still. For some reason it doesn't always remove things when you tell it to. If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions, do you see 1Password showing up there? Once it's gone, restart your Mac. Let me know how it turns out!

• Kay1970
    Kay1970
    Community Member

My 1Password toolbar tab worked great until today. When I click on the icon I get this message "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari". I do not know how to set up application. Currently cannot use my 1Password account. help...

Kay

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Kay1970: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like either the 1Password app is not installed, it's damaged, or there's an issue with macOS not registering it properly. please do the following:

1. Drag any copies of 1Password to the Trash
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Install a fresh copy of 1Password

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.