When I Do A Check For Updates I Get "Failed To Check For Updates"

JohnDavis
JohnDavis
Community Member

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)
Was attempting to see if a new version was available.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.3 (633001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnDavis

I'm sorry to hear that you've bumped into some trouble with 1Password. Could you please try dragging 1Password from your application folder into the trash, then empty the trash and download 1Password again from here? 1Password will pick your data and configuration right away, so no need to worry about anything :chuffed: When you've done this, can you please try the check for updates button again and see if it works now. If it does, then we're done, if it doesn't let us know so we can keep on digging!

Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• JohnDavis
    JohnDavis
    Community Member

Hi. I just trashed the app and now when I click on the Mac download button Safari says, Safari can't open the page, can't get a secure connection. What does this mean?

• JohnDavis
    JohnDavis
    Community Member

Ok. When I used Firefox I was able to download the app. However, now that I have 6.5.2 I still get the same error when checking for updates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JohnDavis: There was an issue with the Globalsign CA over a month ago, and I wonder if, for whatever reason, you're still suffering from that issue. Please follow the instructions here to clear your cache:

Globalsign certificate revocation

Firefox has it's own certificate store, so it would not be affected. Let me know if that helps! :)

• JohnDavis
    JohnDavis
    Community Member

Yes, that did it. Thanks!!!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.