Logins Count between MAS & iOS

pbGuy
pbGuy
Community Member

1PW MAS shows Logins being 138 (All Items - 184). Whereas on my iOS devices (iPhone 7 & iPad Air 2), the Logins count shows to be 139 (All Items - 185).

I've made a direct comparison of the 1PW MAS Logins to those showing on my iOS devices, and they are the SAME. So, somehow, it's the count that's different.

Just prior to noticing this discrepancy, I moved an old Login (within 1PW MAS) to my Archive Vault; and additionally, I noticed the 1PW MAS Logins count decrease to 138. ...Also, I did subsequently empty Trash in my Active Vault after the Move (having confirmed the moved Login was in my Archive Vault).

Moreover, I also edited several Logins within my Active Vault.

Upon subsequently looking at 1PW on my iPhone, I noticed the count discrepancy although the Login edits were all correctly showing in my 1PW iOS, and the old Login (that was Moved) was no longer showing in Logins. This is the same for my 1PW iOS on my iPad. [I don't access my Archive Vault on my iOS devices; so, the Archive Vault is not viewable on my iOS devices.]

1PW MAS and iOS seem to be syncing correctly - meaning, I don't see anything related to any Items in my Active Vault (within any 1PW) that have not correctly synced. ...FYI, when I do any editing and as a normal course, I always do it through my 1PW MAS.

Is this Logins / All Items count difference indicative of some issue, even though I don't seem to have any use issues?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@pbGuy if you force quit 1Password for iOS and restart it does that resolve the issue, at least temporarily?

(I have experienced the same problem but I use Wi-Fi sync and I'm not sure whether my problem is related to that or not. I have seen others reporting the same issue when using Wi-Fi sync but have not seen it mentioned by someone using iCloud sync so it could possibly be a different issue for you. If so, sorry to mislead!)

Stephen

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Yes, force quitting both 1PW iOS apps and restart did the trick.

Sequence: I forced quit both iOS apps, checked 1PW MAS Login count & quit 1PW MAS, and then, restarted both iOS apps. ...Bingo!

Thanks for your suggestion.

FYI, I have always had iOS Background Refresh turned ON for 1PW as well as leaving iOS 1PW in the background. ...I'm wondering if I should turn Background Refresh to OFF for 1PW.

Also, I completed the Login editing right after updating 1PW MAS to 6.5.2 (from 6.5.1) and I'm wondering if the updating played a role in the iCloud mis-sync somehow. (Both my iPhone & iPad were asleep during the MAS 6.5.2 update, although the 1PW iOS were in the background.)

Thoughts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbGuy: Interestingly, I think I've had background refresh off in the past as well. It seems to be on now though. But since you're using iCloud to sync that shouldn't matter, because iOS handles all of that, not the app. Frankly I don't think you did anything wrong, nor should you have to worry about any of that. iCloud should "just work". Unlike the old days, it does for the most part now. I'm sorry that you happened to run into this issue, but I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out with Stephen_C 's suggestion — and we're here for you if you need anything in the future. :)

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member

A no harm, no foul update...

After making several revisions to my 1PW MAS v6.5.3 (adding a Login & moving several Logins to my Archive Vault) and sometime later checking my iPad - 1PW iOS v6.5.2, I found similar, Items miscount as described in first sentence of my first post.

When I checked my iPhone - 1PW iOS v6.5.2, the Item count was the same as on my iPad; so both different from my 1PW MAS. (Sync is through iCloud; all hardware is same as described in first post; my MBP is using 10.12.3.)

All Items (themselves) were correct - both the add & the moving - on all devices; so, iCloud sync is working. ...It's just the Items number count on the iOS devices was off. [Note: Toggling the iCloud Sync Off / On on the iOS devices didn't correct the Items count.]

Well, the good news... Stephen_C's suggestion to Force Quit the iOS devices did again resolve the count issue. All devices are now showing the same Items / Categories count.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbGuy: We've actually made some changes to help with this in the most recent 1Password for iOS release, so be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues in case there's something else that needs to be addressed. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.