1Password 6 doesn't connect to 1Password mini.

Options
SheltonRanch
SheltonRanch
Community Member

I am running 1Password 6.5 on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Sierra. On booting, when 1Password tries to connect to 1Password Mini, it stops with the message, "2BUAA8C452C.com.agilebits.onepasspword4 - helper quit unexpectedly". A full report has been sent to you. Can you help?

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @SheltonRanch ,

I've found your crash report, and I'll be looking into it. We will reply as soon as we have more information.

Does this happen every time you try to start 1Password?

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-4613

• SheltonRanch
    SheltonRanch
    Community Member
    Options

No - I can sometimes quit 1Password and then get it to connect to the Mini app on reopening.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thanks, @SheltonRanch. I'll make sure @ag_kevin sees this, and I'll add it to our internal tracker for this issue.

If you still have version 6.5 installed on your Mac, please try updating to version 6.5.2 to see if that helps. If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section for the latest 1Password update.

If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password and are able to open it, go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menubar and it should prompt you to install the update. If you can't open 1Password because of the crashes, go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password 6.app file to the Trash (don't use any app cleaning tools to do that, as they might delete more than just the app). Then download a fresh copy from our download site and install it.

Does it work any better with version 6.5.2?

ref: OPM-4613

• SheltonRanch
    SheltonRanch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information. I currently am running 6.5.2. I can always trying deleting and reloading it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SheltonRanch,

Yes, please try deleting the app by dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash (make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools). Empty the Trash, then download/reinstall 1Password again. If it still crashes when you launch it, please reboot your Mac and try again. Does that make any difference?

This discussion has been closed.