Password changes

cyrusbaria
cyrusbaria
Community Member

I have set a password with alpha & numeric letters. For some of know reason two of my accounts has reset its password to 3 numeric letter password. First of all I would never set a 3 letter password and secondly it has replicated the same account three times. If this is so, I can't trust 1Password Manager.This is not the first time this has happened, but I did not complain then. It is a good job I have got my passwords in another location and also it does not follow my pattern of passwords. Please advise why this is happening.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cyrusbaria: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that! To be clear, if you're syncing with Dropbox, your data is stored locally on the device, and if the data is damaged that will sync to the others as well.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say for certain what might have happened in your case. Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, one thing that's useful about Dropbox is that the web interface has the ability to tell you on which devices files have been created or modified. But another possibility is that you saved or updated the login using 1Password, and the website has an odd layout.

Ultimately what matters to you is this: if the password was changed by 1Password, the old password will be stored under "previously used passwords" in the item. While it is not possible to view this in the mobile apps, it is present in the desktop version, and I'll be happy to walk you through setting that up if you're not using it already.

And of course what matters to me is helping you and understanding what's happened here so others don't run into similar confusion. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks in advance! :)

• cyrusbaria
    cyrusbaria
    Community Member

Many thanks for your speedy response

I am currently away from my base station (Mac) so cannot tell you versions of it. I only have my IPhone & iPad. I will give you full details of it when I return home, which will be week commencing 19 Dec.

You are right in that I am mainly concerned why my password changes without my knowledge and only get to know of the change when I come to use that particular link and it doesn't work. I can't keep checking my logins of all my sites regularly.

Cyrus

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Many thanks for your speedy response
    I am currently away from my base station (Mac) so cannot tell you versions of it. I only have my IPhone & iPad. I will give you full details of it when I return home, which will be week commencing 19 Dec.

@cyrusbaria: Any time! I'm sorry you're running into trouble at a rather inconvenient time, but I hope you at least enjoy your vacation. We're available whenever you get back to base!

You are right in that I am mainly concerned why my password changes without my knowledge and only get to know of the change when I come to use that particular link and it doesn't work. I can't keep checking my logins of all my sites regularly.

I couldn't agree more: You should have to worry or check everything. We'll get to the bottom of this!

This discussion has been closed.