Every time you update 1Password for Mac it causes Autofill to stop working

Options
kwoffa
kwoffa
Community Member

And recently you have been updating it too frequently. Looking at my Installation record, the last three updates on my Mac were 1Password updates (6.3.5; 6.5 & 6.5.1).

First of all, why does this always happen? I usually have to uninstall the Safari 1Password extension, then reinstall it to get Autofill working again, but when I did that for the last update it had no effect, and my Autofill isn't working.

Secondly, looking at my update record, what is all this about owls and magic and incantations, and all the other Harry Potter twaddle that someone keeps writing? Is someone there on some sort of drug they're not supposed to be on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hevelius
    hevelius
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. It stopped working for me after the last update and in the end it was only a reboot that fixed it (I'd tried everything in the FAQs and what had been suggested in other threads).

A couple of people in the forum suggested I reboot and said that this was often needed for when things went awry with Autofill but I really hate having to reboot my iMac desktop as I treat it as a server (it runs Plex and for some reason I have the damnedest time getting that restarted).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kwoffa: 6.3.5 was released a month ago. 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 were released a week apart more recently. If you think that's a lot of updates, try the beta channel! ;)

And I'm with you: not much of a Harry Potter fan myself, but I don't think we need to begrudge others their interests. I'm sure both of us have some that others don't much care for as well. :lol:

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry you're having trouble lately for some reason! We certainly don't release updates for kicks, and the last thing we want, especially when they include important fixes, is for them to cause trouble for anyone. Please do the following:

1. Make sure 1Password is fully updated
    2. Remove the browser extension(s)
    3. Update your browser(s)
    4. Restart your Mac

If you're still having trouble, be sure to include the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using and we'll get this sorted out for you! :)

@hevelius: I'm glad that a reboot helped! I too long for the days when I could run my Mac for months, but when the system stops functioning as expected (usually networking-related...) it becomes a necessary evil. :unamused:

This discussion has been closed.