6.5.2 Compatibility with Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Options
topspin
topspin
Community Member

I purchased 1Password from the Apple Store. When I search for new 1Password updates on my computer running OS 10.12.1 (Sierra), I can download the 6.5.2 update, but when I do the same on my laptop running El Capitan (It's too old to run Sierra), the 6.5.2 update is not offered. Do you have an explanation?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@topspin 1Password 6.5.2 runs on OS X Yosemite and higher so basic compatibility should not be the cause of your problem. Are you logged in with the same Apple ID as you used when you originally purchased the Mac App Store version of 1Password on the El Capitan laptop?

Stephen

• topspin
    topspin
    Community Member
    Options

The App Store login passwords are the same, but I've also noted that the upgrades/updates for other software products are not made available at the same time for my computers. It's as if Apple (and Adobe with respect to Creative Cloud and Tesla for its software updates) ration the upgrade/update opportunity among users over time so that its servers won't be overloaded when a software update becomes available. I expect that sooner or later I'll be notified on my El Capitan laptop that 1Password 6.5.2 is an available update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think it's mostly to do with it taking some time for updates to propagate across all of Apple's content delivery network (CDN) servers across the world and how this is cached locally on individual machines, but it shouldn't be long until it's available to everyone. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.