I'd like to know if you'll implement an legatee feature in the Family Account

ppcharlier
ppcharlier
Community Member

Hi,
I thought that having the possibility to designate a legatee would be interesting, there can be accounts that need to be closed after someone's death and it would be nice if that was integrated, just like Facebook allow to do.
Some things should be shared, others not, and that would be picked up by the person designating his/her legatee in advance.

Thank you for your attention,

Pierre-Philippe

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud & 1Password Account Family
Referrer: forum-search:legatee

Comments

• Hi @ppcharlier! Thanks for posting about this. Giving 1Password to your estate or legatee is something we've discussed a few times on the forum, and right now the best solution is the Emergency Kit. It's included with your account, which means you can grab a copy and easily add it to your will. Learn more about the Emergency Kit and where to find it. Be sure to write your Master Password in the space provided so all the info is there if they need it in the future. Hope this helps! :)

• ppcharlier
    ppcharlier
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob ! Thank you for your quick answer during the weekend. I thought of that option too, but what can I do if there are logins/notes I don't want to leave accessible to the legatee ? Using a second vault ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ppcharlier: All vaults which are part of your 1Password Account will be accessible to someone who has the login credentials, so in that case it may be best to create a separate 1Password Families account expressly for this purpose. Guests are nice because they only have access to a single vault you designate, so you could share one expressly for this purpose. Alternatively, a local vault on your computer would work. This can be saved to a folder so it can be sync'd or copied elsewhere (USB drive, for example). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.