Updated to 1Password Version 6.5.2 and now my master password will not be accepted. Using OSX10.10.5

Options
agnz
agnz
Community Member

I ran the update from the AppStore, and have since restarted my iMac. I cannot log onto either the desktop or browser apps

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.2
Extension Version: (652002) Mac App Store
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Updated to 1Password Version 6.5.2 and now my master password will not be accepted. Using OSX10.5.5

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@agnz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Do you perhaps have multiple copies of 1Password on your Mac with different vaults and different Master Passwords? (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you may need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• agnz
    agnz
    Community Member
    Options

I have only the one vault and the one master password. 1Password on my iPad & iPhone still accept my master password and my thumbprint. Just the updated desktop version is causing problems. I notice that the number of "blobs" in the password field when the rejected message comes up is shorter than the number of characters in my master password.
    I can restore the app from Time Machine, what actual files do I need to restore?

• agnz
    agnz
    Community Member
    Options

I restored the 1Password.app file from the backup before the update and then re-installed the update from the AppStore.
    This did the trick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to restore from the backup. It sounds like you may have simply used the AgileBits Store version at some point, and had separate data for that and the Mac App Store version. Anyway, don't hesitate to reach out any time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.