After filling and submitting password in browser, sometimes Mac switches to 1Password app

Options
coopr
coopr
Community Member

I've got a new MacBook Pro with a fresh install of OSX, 1Password, and browsers.

Occasionally, but not consistently, after I hit command-slash, fill in a password, and have 1Password submit the auto-submit the form, I'm switched to the 1Password app. Sometimes I'm not, and I stay in the browser after the form submits. I can't consistently reproduce it, but it has happened a number of times. Am I doing something wrong? (This never happened on my previous computer, and I think the only notable difference is that I've upgraded to Sierra)

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After autofill, Mac switches to 1Password app

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @coopr,

I've moved your query to the Mac forums because while it's happening when you fill the keyboard shortcut, assuming it is somehow connected, is all about the actual 1Password application and not the extension. So in theory this will better ensure the right people are looking at your query.

I can't say I've ever seen this happen so it's definitely a puzzle. Now 1Password allows you to manually change certain keyboard shortcuts, one of those being the one to fill. You can do this in the General tab of 1Password's settings. If you change it do you find the bad behaviour disappears/happens less or does it seem to happen with as equal regularity? I'm wondering if another keyboard shortcut is somehow interfering and it's whether it seems to be tied to the fill open page keyboard shortcut or specifically something odd happening when it is set to the default of ⌘\. Hopefully the results of the experiment gives us a better idea of what is happening.

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member
    Options

I realize now, after seeing this a few more times, my original description wasn't quite right - I hit command-slash, enter my password, then after seeing the list of matching logins for a moment in my browser, I'm switched to the 1Password app.

This doesn't happen if 1Password is already unlocked - in that case, when I hit command-slash (select a login, if necessary), the username and password fill and the form submits as usual.

I've confirmed this happens in both Safari and Chrome (latest versions), and it is now happening consistently.

I've tried changing the default command-slash to a different command - and it makes no difference - I'm still auto-switched to the 1Password app after entering my password in 1Password mini (or whatever you call the little 1Password window that appears above my browser when I hit the keyboard shortcut).

Any other ideas?

• Hi @coopr ,

I'd like to look into this a bit more, but I'll need a bit more information. Can you try to reproduce this again. And when you do, please take note of the exact date and time (down to within a few seconds if possible). Then, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

When you send the report, include the date and time that the issue occurred.

After sending, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member
    Options

Whoops, I'm getting this error https://www.evernote.com/l/AAFUz5-ThV9O3rgKhr5IvnNFvTrUw7OH1aQ when I try to download the Troubleshooting Utility from https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ - please let me know when that is fixed (or an alternate download URL) and I'll try again...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @coopr,

The link to download the Troubleshooting Utility is working fine for me. Can you please try again to see if it works?

• coopr
    coopr
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I'm not sure what changed, but after a few days this behavior stopped - problem solved, I guess!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news! Hopefully it continues to work correctly for you, but if the problem starts up again, just let us know and we'll be happy to continue looking into this. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.