"Browser cannot be verified" message in Chrome - no chance to get rid of it

Options
gwieser
gwieser
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Since yesterday I'm getting the "Browser cannot be verified" message in 1password mini extension in Chrome (note that I translated the wording from German to English so maybe in English it might be slightly different). I tried various suggested solutions to fix this:

• Update/re-downloaded Chrome
  • Rebooted the machine
  • Removed the extension, re-installed it
  • Removed the extension, installed latest beta
  • quit all 1password instances (helper, mini, core)

Nothing seems to work. Chrome is version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit), 1password is 6.5.2 (652003).

BR,
Günther

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gwieser,

The most likely cause is a proxy or piece of software that achieves its functionality by behaving as a proxy. We've found ad-blockers like GlimmerBlocker or Freedom can have this effect as well as certain web debugging tools that use proxy functionality.

If it's one of these then the following page should help, How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password.

If that doesn't I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• gwieser
    gwieser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the proxy thingy was the problem. Strange enough, I've been using a Socks proxy (via SSH and a complicated setup :-) ) for weeks now, but the problem just popped out two days ago. I've added 127.0.0.1 to the whitelist and everything seems to be fine for now. Thx for the support!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gwieser,

Glad to hear the page helped then :smile: I can't offer an explanation as to why it would have been working before though. The good news is you shouldn't be bothered by it again.

This discussion has been closed.