After upgrading to version 6.5.2 (652003), I constantly get asked to update my browser plugin

mathieu_martin
mathieu_martin
Community Member

After updating to the latest 1Password version today, I constantly get asked to update my browser plugin.

I immediately did so, and it failed at first. I uninstalled it, then went through the authorization process (with the numbers showing on the extension and 1Password desktop), and did that successfully.

Even after reinstalling and authorizing successfully, I'm being asked about once per minute to update my browser plugin.

Moreover, if I leave my computer alone for a bit, when I get back, as soon as I close the "Update" window, I get a bunch of other ones immediately after answering "Not Now". It's as if the popups were queued up at the rate of one per minute, while I'm gone.

As a last resort, I tried simply removing the browser extension (I'm using Chrome) to get my work done until there's another update to 1Password. But even with the extension completely deleted (not just deactivated), I still get the popup every minute.

It's making it very difficult to work right now.

Can you please advise on what steps I should take next?

Thanks

Mat

1Password Version: 6.5.2 (652003)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams

Comments

• mathieu_martin
    mathieu_martin
    Community Member

May have been and OS issue. A full reboot seems to have fixed the problem. I did go through another authorization, and then it was fine.

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear that it was resolved! I hope it stays that way.

More often than not a reboot fixes problems even when it doesn't seem like it should. The ways of computers are dark and confusing :-)

This discussion has been closed.