1Password Primary Vault migration from Dropbox

amcd
amcd
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user for some years now and want to move my Primary Vault to another Cloud service that my macOS and IOS devices can share. . I have tried iCloud BUT there is a very old iCloud Primary Vault and it seems I cannot create a new Primary Vault, only merge with the existing one. That creates a mess and furthemore; I do not want to merge with an obsolete vault. I cannot see the .opvault file on my iCloud as I understand it invisible as part of Apple's Cloudkit...... so how do I get round that to eliminate the very old vault on iCloud.

Better still, how could I create a Primary vault on your fellow Canadian Cloud provider SYNC.com or another service such as pCloud. Both of these are zero based knowledge systems (I know the .opvault file is heavily encrypted and in theory is OK on "open" cloud systems like Dropbox and Google, etc..... but that's not the point).

I saw a post which suggested getting the App Store Version of 1Password to delete iCloud Vaults, but that is another purchase via the app store.

Thanks in advance....

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:delete iCLoud Primary Vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amcd,

Thanks for contacting us with your questions!

If you have old 1Password data in iCloud that you want to remove before syncing your newer vault, just open the 1Password app on your Mac and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. Confirm you want to reset it by clicking "Yes, Remove Remote Data". Once it confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled, you can go back to Preferences > Sync and enable iCloud again.

As for using other cloud sync services with 1Password, you might be able to do that in 1Password for Mac with the Folder sync option, but on iOS, because of sandboxing restrictions, it doesn't work the same way. Support for that specific cloud sync service would need to be added to 1Password for iOS. That's much more difficult than it sounds, and I don't know for sure if or when we'll add support for other cloud sync services. (I see that Ben also answered your question about this in your other forum discussion.)

If you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.