1Password mini -> 99% processor

paulpaul
paulpaul
Community Member

Hello,

I am using 1password 6.5.2 on mac os X sierra.
Every time that I unlock 1 password from Safari -> 1password-mini will use 99% of my processor ressources (and +/- 2.0Go of RAM !)
At the end... I have to manually kill the process because it is draining my battery (or restart it from 1password->Help->Debug)

It only happens when I unlock 1-password mini (if not unlocked , no problem)

I also notice frequent dropbox sync (more or less every jour) of 1password extension without any reason (no new password created or modified..)
Files like : 1A97CB2139D404A9AAAAAB4DE758B49.1password are modified/synced very often.

How can I solve this ?

1Password and 1password-mini seem to be working as expected... but it should NOT consume nearly 100% of my processor ressources...

Best regards,
Paul

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulpaul,

I'm sorry 1Password mini is being such a resource hog on your Mac! That's unusual, and we'll do our best to help solve this.

Every time that I unlock 1 password from Safari -> 1password-mini will use 99% of my processor ressources (and +/- 2.0Go of RAM !)
    At the end... I have to manually kill the process because it is draining my battery (or restart it from 1password->Help->Debug)

When this happens, does it also take a long time for 1Password to unlock? Or does it unlock right away, but mini starts using 99% at that point?

Does the same problem happen if you unlock the main 1Password app? Or does it only happen when unlocking from the 1Password extension / mini?

Please try restarting 1Password mini to see if that helps: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then try unlocking from the extension/mini again. If the same problem happens, please also reboot your Mac. After it restarts, try unlocking 1Password again. Does that make any difference, or are the results the same?

Thanks in advance! :)

• paulpaul
    paulpaul
    Community Member

Hello Drew,

It happens every time that I unlock 1password-mini (as soon as it is unlocked, it uses 99% processor)
    I do not notice any delay while opening 1password mini nor the main app.
    It does not happen when I use the main 1password app.

When I restart 1Password-mini as long as I do not open/unlock it , it is fine.

Even if I reboot my mac, it happens every time that I open 1password-mini.

Best regards,
    Paul

• ag_kevin
    edited December 2016

Hi @paulpaul ,

I'd like to get a sample from 1Password on your computer. The next time the issue occurs, please do the following while it is using 99% CPU:

1. Open the Activity Monitor and search for "1Password mini"
    2. Select it and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    3. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.
    4. Include that file to an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and please include the link to this discussion when sending the file.

This will show us what was holding up 1Password and will hopefully tell us how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Kevin

ref: BFK-56632-717

This discussion has been closed.