Not all vaults showing on all devices. And why do I have 2 vaults? I only want 1.

gailruth
gailruth
Community Member

I downloaded 1P from the app store onto my iPhone and added 6 items. Then later I downloaded 1P from the Mac app store onto my computer and added 4 items. And then onto my iPad from the app store and added nothing. Now my iPhone shows 2 vaults: Primary, with the 6 items I added on my phone, and Personal, with the 4 items I added on my computer. But my computer and iPad both show only one vault: Personal with the 4 items I added on my computer -- and I can't find a multi-colored vault button.

I really only want 1 vault. How do I fix this? And how do I get the items from the Primary vault that were added on my phone onto the other devices? Thank you.

1Password Version: current - just added a couple days ago
Extension Version: current - added yesterday
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: thru the app
Referrer: forum-search:not all vaults showing on all devices

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gailruth

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. The good news is that it will be very easy to fix this :chuffed: First of all, you need to move the items from your Primary vault on the iPhone into Personal. You can see how to do this here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#import-data-into-your-new-account

Once you've moved all your data into your Personal vault, you can delete the app from your iPhone, download it again and sign into your account on the welcome screen. Please be careful and make sure all your data is in Personal before deleting it. Any data in Primary will be permanently deleted and you won't be able to recover it.

Please let us know how these two things go for you! If you have any questions, we're here to help you :chuffed:

• gailruth
    gailruth
    Community Member

Thank you, Pilar! Worked perfectly. Never would have figured it out without help. Gail

• @gailruth,

I'm glad Pilar's instructions helped.

Let us know if you need any help in the future.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.