I suddenly have two copies of 1Password on my computer. How did this happen, should I delete one?

Shifflett
Shifflett
Community Member

I now have two 1Password buttons at the top of my screen for 1Password Mini. If I click on open 1Password from each of them, one is labeled 1Password6 (about gives me version 6.3.5) at the top of the screen next to the apple and the other one is labeled 1Password (about gives me version 6.5.2). There are also two copies of 1Password if I go to the Launch Pad. However there is still only one button in the Safari Browser. If I open 1Password from that button it opens the version labeled 1Password 6. It seems that I need to delete a version, but not sure which, as indications are that the one labeled 1Password 6 is the one that is currently operating but it is the oldest version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I suddenly have two copies of 1Password on my computer. How did this happen, should I delete one?

Comments

• Shifflett
    Shifflett
    Community Member

Update: The latest update was not complete when I wrote this. After the update completed the second 1Password mini button at the top went away and the button that is left links to the 1Password 6 labeled version, but there are still two versions when I use launchpad, they are still labeled that same way as above, but now they both link to version 6.5.2.

• Hi @Shifflett ,

The most common place for extra copies is in your Downloads folder. Have a look there and remove it if you find it. You can also use Spotlight to search for extra copies.

Ideally, there should only be one copy of 1Password 6.app, in your /Applications folder.

Also, it could also be that LaunchPad is showing two icons pointing to the same app. You can just remove it from there, and it should be ok.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.