iOS 10.1.1 and Sierra 10.12.1 Not Syncing properly using Dropbox?

drneutrino
drneutrino
Community Member

I have had an iPhone, iPad, iMac and MacBook Pro running using dropbox flawlessly for many months. I always keep the iPhone up to the latest version but there was some sneaky duplicate iOS 10.1.1 release where two had the same release number. I just updated both those devices and then updated my MAC from Yosemite to Sierra. The MacBook was running Sierra for months and I may have not noticed the synching problem before this.

I can Synch between the two iOS devices and the Mac and MacBook Pro synch with each other too but not between the devices that have different OS. All devices are signed onto the ONLY dropbox account I have. All use the same AppleId but the CLOUD should not be involved.
I can make new logins on iOS and they synch to iOS only.
I can make new logins on Sierra and they synch to Sierra only.

How can I tell if one or more of these is looking at local dropbox that isn't synching? What else could be causing this and how do I fix it?

thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.61
OS Version: iOS 10.1.1 and Sierra 10.12.1(
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iOS 10.1.1 and Sierra 10.12.1 Not Syncing properly using Dropbox

Comments

• drneutrino
    drneutrino
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Ive verified that MacBook and iPad when signed on are pointing to the exact same files within the 1PW data/default directory so that EVERY file has the same name and timestamp on it. If I make a new login on iPad, both DROPBOX directories are properly updated.

BUT if make a new login on MacBook NEITHER dropbox is updated properly with that new login. I do not have access to my MAC right now (10 year hacker @work). :)

• drneutrino
    drneutrino
    Community Member

ALL SOLVED FOLKS!!!

REMEMBER TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS and ALWAYS update DROPBOX if you update your OS.

I back solved this by looking at the dates created for each of my newer 1PW entries in each of the 4 devices. It appears that when I upgraded to Sierra on my MAC on Dec 1 and restored my iOS devices previously things got out of SYNC!!! I had some battery issues with the iOS devices.

Don't know why that happens but in the MAC case I suspect that the Dropbox on my older Yosemite machine was somehow compatible and Sync still worked. When I upgraded to SIERRA it broke because of course Apple didn't upgrade automatically to the latest Dropbox and Dropbox stopped synching.

Similar disconnect may have occurred when I upgraded my iPhone and iPad to the "mystical" duplicate 10.1.1 iOS release.

I deleted the 1PW app from phone and then reinstalled 1PW. Did same with iPad and Voila!!!!

• Hi @drneutrino ,

Uhm… glad we could help? :wink:

Seriously, I glad you got it all sorted out. Let us know if you have issues in the future.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.