1password for mac doesn't have sync tab for individual account

wanderingme
wanderingme
Community Member

I searched around for this specific answer, and while there are many questions similar to this, there wasn't a solution that worked for us.

My wife installed 1password 6.5.2 (652003), and I wasn't present for this, but she claims she created an account for an individual (NOT family or team). I'm not sure what her sync option is, as I wasn't there when she set it up, and she doesn't remember. Is there a way to determine this?

We'd like to sync to dropbox, so we can also use 1password on her mobile phone, etc. But there's no sync tab available for her in the preference menu. When she signed up, she received an account key and things I don't remember receiving when I purchased 1password for myself several years back. So her configuration is different than mine, and I'm a little lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting her synced to dropbox. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 652003
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: don't know

Comments

• wanderingme
    wanderingme
    Community Member

Also, we installed her license, but under accounts it says she's in trial mode. :-/

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Accounts sync automatically through 1password.com, which is why you don't see a sync tab.

And accounts apply only to the subscription model. If she is using a licence, this will not give her a subscription, she only has a trial subscription.

It is possible, if she has a licence, to move back to the licenced version rather than the subscription version (they are the same program, just set up differently). Someone will give you the details if that is what she wants.

But she might do best with the subscription, either as an individual or a families sub for the two of you. See https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for more info.

• @wanderingme,

As @danco explained, we sell 1Password in two different ways. The traditional way was a one-off license that was good for a particular version of 1Password. In the licensed mode any sync choice was entirely up to you and many people had difficulty with configuring that sync.

The way we introduced earlier this year is something called 1Password.com accounts, instead of paying for the application itself you're paying for a combination of all current and future versions of the native Mac, Windows, iOS and Android apps; a near-zero configuration sync service and a web based access. In this mode, sync is handled for you and any device you have signed into the account will have the data synchronized to it.

we can certainly help whichever route you take, just let us know.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.