I have an iMac am experiencing very slow loading of certain websites with 1Password

Psizete
Psizete
Community Member

I am a new user of 1Password. I often experience very slow loading of certain websites like Yahoo and Google. In some cases, it just hangs and never loads. After looking at the issue on your website I saw a conversation closed last May that closely mirrored my problem. I tried a suggestion in the thread and restarted 1Password mini and it does temporarily improve the problem but it doesn't last long.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.1
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:websites very slow to load after starting 1password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

What happens if you try opening the web site and then using 1PW to enter the credentials?

It may be a 1PW issue, but on a few sites I regularly have trouble just opening them, so in my case it has nothing to do with 1PW.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Psizete,

As danco mentioned, it's possible those sites are just loading slow in general and not because of 1Password. But if it turns out the 1Password extension is somehow causing that to happen, we'll do our best to help solve that!

First, please try disabling the 1Password extension in your browser. Depending on which browser you're using, the extensions should have either a box you can click to un-check, or a 'disable' button. Once you've disabled it, restart your browser and open one of the sites that has been slow to load. Does it load significantly faster this time? Once you've tried a couple of those sites, go ahead and re-enable the 1Password extension and then try the sites again. If they loaded quickly when the extension was disabled, do they load slower again once the extension is re-enabled?

If the sites load quickly when the extension is disabled, and slowly when it's enabled, please let us know the following:

• What web browser are you using?
    • What version of that web browser is installed?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    • Does the problem happen if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • Does the problem happen if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • Does the problem happen if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.