[Feature request?] Configure vault per browser profile

Strayer
Strayer
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using two Chrome profiles, one for private browsing, one for work. I also have two 1Password vaults, one for private accounts, on for work accounts. I'm keeping these strictly separate and also have accounts for the same service in both (e.g. Google).

When I select a vault in the 1Password extension, it will also be changed for the other profile. I'd like to configure this per-browser (or rather per-profile) to avoid saving or loading to/from the wrong vault by accident.

Is this somehow possible? If not, I'd like to put this in as a feature request ;)

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555)
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Strayer,

I've moved your request to the Mac forums. The reason I've done so is the extension is quite dumb in this area and so the change would have to be in 1Password for Mac. I've seen this request once or twice but to be honest we've not seen a lot of demand for such a feature. Given its disruptive potential we'd likely want to see a good number of people really want this. It's something worth tracking and I will note your interest. I'm not saying no, but at the moment it hasn't managed to fight for the developer time it would require.

I understand your desire and I wish there was something more concrete I could offer right now - sorry :(

ref: OPM-3036

• Strayer
    Strayer
    Community Member

Hi littlebobbytables,

thanks for your response. I'm a software engineer myself, so I know how this works and completely understand ;)

Best wishes and have a nice week!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! I hope you also have a nice week, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.