1 password 6 spontaneously quits or crashes while extracting update

meraley
meraley
Community Member

After the update download is complete, I click "update and relaunch". The loading bar for "extracting" starts moving, but then the updater quits spontaneously during this process. Sometimes 1 Password quits as well, sometimes it relaunches (but still on the previous version). Any advice? I would rather not have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @meraley,

1Password itself should definitely quit during the update process, but this sounds like the updater itself is quitting or crashing. Its certainly possible that we fixed that cause more recently than the updater included in 6.3.3. I would recommend downloading the latest installer and seeing if it has better success at both updating your install and fixing future crashes in the updater itself.

You can download it at https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

Rudy

• meraley
    meraley
    Community Member

Thanks for the help! I attempted installing, and received an error (screen shot attached). Any advice on what to do next?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meraley

I'm sorry to hear that you've bumped into this problem. I'd like you to please try something :chuffed: Please go to your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then go to https://1password.com/downloads/ and install 1Password again. It will pick up your data automatically. If it works, then you should be all set. If it doesn't I'd really appreciate it if you could send us a Diagnostics Report right after you've bumped into this error. This should send us the logs that lead to it :chuffed:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• meraley
    meraley
    Community Member

Thank you - unfortunately I received the same error. The support ID number is #CPU-28241-634. Please let me know very soon if there's a way to remedy this, as it's very important this machine has 1 password working if at all possible. Thank you!!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

Hi @meraley

I see that you've been communicating with Lars over email :chuffed: We'll continue the conversation over there, I hope it all gets sorted out soon for you!

ref: CPU-28241-634

This discussion has been closed.