Feature Request: Include custom password fields in security audits

paulhobart
paulhobart
Community Member

The 1Password audit feature works wonderfully. It tells me when I have weak passwords, duplicates, or old passwords. However, these features aren’t applied to custom password fields that I’ve added after the main password for an item. Many of my accounts have multiple passwords associated with them that include things like security question answers, account IDs, test-user credentials and the like. I store these as password fields in the same entry as the main account. But it recently occurred to me these custom passwords may allow attackers to access my account if they are old, reused, or weak.

Can security audits be extended to secondary passwords?

I realize that I’m being super picky; sorry! Moving each secondary password to its own entry in 1Password would surely solve the problem; and that’s what I intend to do. I want to be safe, and I want to take advantage of 1Password’s audit feature to the fullest. But, grouping things like security questions with the main entry is very convenient and helps eliminate confusion. It would be easier for me if custom password fields were included in audits.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulhobart,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your request to have custom password fields included in the Security Audit feature! You're right, that would definitely be helpful, and you shouldn't need to split things like security questions/answers in to separate items just to have them counted in the Security Audit. Although I can't make any promises about if/when we'll make that change, I'll gladly forward your request to our developers to let them know.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you have more feedback, questions, or need help with 1Password, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-1601

This discussion has been closed.