All my logins are gone!

MichaelThorne
MichaelThorne
Community Member

Mac requested an 1Password update. After running it ... I now find all but a handful of my logins are gone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@MichaelThorne it's very difficult to help without some key information. Please tell us:

• What version of 1P you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)—make sure you let us know whether you're using a standalone version or whether you have subscribed to a teams, family or individual 1Password account
    • Your OS X version number
    • Whether you sync your 1P data to any other device and if so to what device
    • If you do sync and do not have a 1Password subscription to teams, families or an individual account, what sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi)

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelThorne,

I'm sorry you're running into such an odd problem with 1Password! We'll do our best to help you get this sorted out.

In addition to the details Stephen asked you for, can you please also check in the Applications folder on your Mac to see if you have multiple 1Password app files there? If you happen to have both the Mac App Store version (1Password.app) and the AgileBits Store version (1Password 6.app) on your Mac, that most likely explains the problem, because each of those would have a separate database on your Mac. Therefore, one version might have an old copy of your vault with just a few items, and the other one might have all your latest data. If you find both versions on your Mac, try opening both to see if either one shows your current data.

Let us know what you find, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.