iOS and Mac vaults now out of sync

misterchan
misterchan
Community Member

First off, I've been using 1Password on both Mac and my iDevices for as long as I remember. Great product, and friends and family love it too!

At some point recently however, my Primary Vault that's shared by my Mac and iPhone via iCloud appears to have gotten out of sync. Adding a new login on my Mac will not sync it to my iPhone and vice versa.

Is there a way I can get these vaults back in sync? There are dozens of items diff between them.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @misterchan

Thank you for your very kind words and for taking some time to get in touch with us :chuffed: First of all, I'd like yo to check the basics so we know where we stand. Can you please go to 1Password in your computer, then pick Preferences and Sync and see if everything looks ok there? Try setting Sync to "none". Completely quit 1Password (or even better, full restart your computer) and set iCloud sync again. Then go to your iPhone and Tap Settings > Sync and check that everything looks fine there as well.

Please check if things start getting synced up again and what you find out with all this :chuffed:

• misterchan
    misterchan
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar,

That did the trick!

The problem was that after I installed Mac OS 10.12 Sierra and turned on iCloud Drive. Like a lot of Mac users, I put everything in my Documents folder on my Mac, and iCloud Drive started uploading hundreds of GB of data, with no way of throttling it's speed. As a result it was killing my Internet connection and so I turned off iCloud Drive. However, that seems to have also stopped 1Password from accessing it's iCloud Vault.

My solution was to move all my files from my Documents folder into somewhere else, and then followed your instructions to turn sync back on, which prompted me to turn iCloud Drive back on.

Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @misterchan

I'm glad to hear that you got 1Password back up on its feet! You're very welcome :chuffed: It's so easy to get things a bit wonky when you set up a new device. I hope that everything goes well with you for now on and that syncing works as expected but if you ever need us again, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.