Feature Request: Default to TouchID when unlocking, allow TouchID to unlock when adding

ArkadyNikitovich
ArkadyNikitovich
Community Member

I'd really love to see these minor refinements, if anybody happens to be reading:

• Default to TouchID when unlocking: on a Touch Bar MBP, you first have to hit the fingerprint option then scan. Only a minor annoyance, but as I have it set to lock after 1 minute, it would help if 1Password could "assume" I want to unlock with my fingerprint every time.
  • When the extension detects I've created/updated a password in Chrome, there isn't an option to unlock 1Password by fingerprint - only password. Would be great if fingerprint recognition could be added there as well.

I've been using 1Password for nearly 4 years, and this is the only time I've ever thought of something I'd like changed. Thanks so much guys.

1Password Version: 6.5.2 Standalone License
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Default to TouchID when unlocking: on a Touch Bar MBP, you first have to hit the fingerprint option then scan. Only a minor annoyance, but as I have it set to lock after 1 minute, it would help if 1Password could "assume" I want to unlock with my fingerprint every time.

@ArkadyNikitovich: That seems reasonable. Similar to 1Password for iOS, I'd say. I think we were intentionally conservative with this first attempt. Definitely something we can consider going forward.

When the extension detects I've created/updated a password in Chrome, there isn't an option to unlock 1Password by fingerprint - only password. Would be great if fingerprint recognition could be added there as well.

It sounds like you're referring to when 1Password is already locked when trying to save in the browser. That certainly makes sense!

I've been using 1Password for nearly 4 years, and this is the only time I've ever thought of something I'd like changed. Thanks so much guys.

Likewise, thanks so much for taking the time to share these suggestions! :chuffed:

ref: OPM-4632

• Oldcastle
    Oldcastle
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

I came here to suggest this, but see it has already been suggested!

I love 1Password. Thank you all for what you do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for letting us know you're interested in this too, and that you love 1Password! We're lucky to have such passionate customers. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.