Resyncing vault to Dropbox just duplicated the entire vault

MarcLaf
MarcLaf
Community Member

I converted from agile keychain to opvault yestetday from a Windows computer. Everything went perfectly and I was able to redo my iPhone app as well. When I attempted to do the same from our Mac, it did not give me the option to remove the existing Primary vault and use Dropbox but rather merged both and now I have duplicates of everything. I had to force stop the sync before it got too far. What the hell? Is there no option for changing the Primary to use what's in Dropbox? I didn't see any option anywhere for deleting the Primary vault. Do I need to reinstall the whole thing from scratch?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MarcLaf,

I apologize for the delayed response to your message! I'm also sorry to hear you ran into some trouble when switching your sync file in Dropbox to the OPVault format. I'll be happy to help you get things back on track.

Just to make sure I understand: You have all your latest 1Password data on your Windows PC / the new OPVault file in Dropbox, and you want to reset the 1Password data on your Mac and replace it with the data from the new OPVault file. Is that correct?

If so, you can remove the existing data from 1Password on your Mac by following these steps:

1. Open 1Password on your Mac.
    2. If 1Password is not already locked, lock the app by clicking the padlock in the upper right corner.
    3. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on-screen instructions.

The next time you launch 1Password 6, it should be like running it for the first time. On the setup screen, choose "Find your data" and then you should be able to choose your new OPVault file from Dropbox.

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

• MarcLaf
    MarcLaf
    Community Member

@Drew_AG I managed to delete all duplicates manually. I wish I knew about the Reset All Data link! The Windows application has under General Preferences 1Password Vault --> Choose Another and Move to Dropbox. This would be super handy on the OS X version (make changing vaults much easier).

Needless to say I'm back running now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy to hear you were able to get that all sorted out! Sorry for the confusion about the differences between the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password.

We're always glad to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.