I can't save files or images

Marcosi
Marcosi
Community Member

I have scanned many important documents into 1Password. I noticed now when I needed my drivers license file I can't save it back to hard disk. I click the file to open in Preview and chose Export and I get the error "The document “Drivers License.jpg” could not be exported as “Drivers License.jpg - To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.”.

I can save any other file to my hard disk and same folders. Is this a security future of 1Password or is it something wrong with my permissions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Marcosi have you tried dragging the files from 1Password and dropping them on the Desktop?

Stephen

• Marcosi
    Marcosi
    Community Member

Yes that worked. Thank you! Could you see if you can save from Preview or if it's only me having problems. If it's only me I want to find the issue.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Marcosi as a general principle you can't open, edit and save back to 1Password any file that is a 1Password attachment. I'm afraid you have to open it, edit it, save a new version outside 1Password and then attach that new version to the relevant item in 1Password. You can then delete the copy new version saved outside 1Password, of course.

Stephen

• Marcosi
    Marcosi
    Community Member

Ok thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm happy to see Stephen's replies were helpful for you! If you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.