Chrome keeps asking me to install 1PW extension after saying installed!

jeff599
jeff599
Community Member

Help! I'm on a MacBook Air OSX 10.12.1 - I have 1Password 6.5.2 - Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit).
Each time I open Chrome, it wants me to install the 1PW extension- I do, and it confirms that, but keeps me stuck in a loop asking for it again, no matter how many quits/restarts I do. What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeffslepak,

I'm sorry you keep getting prompted to reinstall the 1Password extension in Chrome! We'll be happy to help you solve this.

First, please open Chrome and go to Window > Extensions. If the 1Password extension is currently installed there, make sure it's enabled (if it is, there should be a check mark next to 'Enabled' for that extension). Please also check the extension version - the latest is currently 4.6.2, so hopefully that's the version shown there.

If the extension is installed, enabled, and up to date, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Once you've done that, quit and reopen Chrome. Does it ask you to reinstall the extension again? If so, reboot your Mac and open Chrome again. If it still asks you to install the 1Password extension, don't install it, but instead go to Window > Extensions again - is the 1Password extension still installed?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.